Postgraduate Neuropsychology Training
Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg offers a comprehensive lecture course on neuropsychology covering all the central topics of the scientific fundamentals and clinical applications of neuropsychology. The curriculum includes the following:
Review of the fundamentals of neuropsychology:
- Functional neuroanatomy
- The brain mechanisms of perception and its disorders (agnosias)
- Language and its disorders (aphasias)
- Motor functions and its disorders (apraxias)
- Attention/arousal and its disorders (ADHD and ADD)
- Executive functions and various dysexecutive syndromes
- Memory and its disorders (amnesias)
- Hemispheric specialization
- Developmental neuropsychology
- Neuropsychology of aging
- Forensic neuropsychology
Review of the neurobiological and neuropsychological bases of major disorder categories:
- Dementias (of Alzheimer’s type; multi-infarct, Lewy body, Fronto-temporal, etc)
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neuropsychiatric disorders (Schizophrenia, Affective disorders, Tourette’s, etc)
- Neurodevelopmental disorders (ADHD/ADD, dyslexias, non-verbal learning
disabilities, dysexecutive syndrome, etc)
- and others.
Comprehensive review of the principles and strategies of neuropsychological diagnosis, as well as of specific neuropsychological tests.
Dr. Goldberg also offers clinical supervision in neuropsychology.
A number of practicing psychologists mentored by Dr. Goldberg have subsequently developed successful careers in neuropsychology.
To find out more, please contact Dr. Goldberg’s office at 212 541 6412 or firstname.lastname@example.org